Escape to Paradise: KK City's Stunning NEW Homestay in Malaysia!

 KK city Homestay. Newly Renovated Malaysia

KK city Homestay. Newly Renovated Malaysia

Escape to Paradise: KK City's Stunning NEW Homestay in Malaysia!

Escape to Paradise: KK City's Stunning NEW Homestay - Or is it? (A Messy, Honest Review)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Escape to Paradise, KK City's "Stunning NEW Homestay" in Malaysia, and honestly? My brain is still processing. They promised paradise, and well… they delivered… mostly. Let’s break this down, shall we? And believe me, I'm going to be as honest about this as I can be.

First Impressions: The Accessibility Angle (because, let's be real, it matters)

Right off the bat, I was checking this place out with accessibility in mind. Accessibility is always a HUGE factor but it's a bit… patchy here. The website claims to have Facilities for disabled guests, but I didn't see a detailed description which is a major red flag. I was worried about the access to the Swimming pool [outdoor] and Swimming pool. I could see an Elevator, which is a great start. I am not sure how it would fully work for a wheelchair, a call beforehand might be necessary. I didn't see anything about any issues, which could be good. So, yeah, a mixed bag. Car park [on-site] is a plus.

The Room: Sanctuary or… Slightly Off-Key Symphony?

My room? Well, it was like walking into a slightly-too-perfect Instagram post. Non-smoking rooms are a must, thank goodness. The Air conditioning blasted like a blizzard (thank God!), and the Blackout curtains were glorious. Slept like a baby – a baby who maybe, potentially, had a mild case of insomnia because of the, uh, enthusiastic air conditioning.

Loved the little touches, even if they were a bit… much. Bathrobes and Slippers? Check. Free bottled water? Double-check. The Coffee/tea maker was appreciated for my caffeine addiction. And the mini bar? Well, let's just say I might have overindulged in the sparkling water. The In-room safe box was a nice touch, although I don't think I'll be needing the Scale in my room anytime soon.

Honestly, the room itself was great, if a little… sterile. It lacked a certain je ne sais quoi. A little personality, maybe? But hey, at least the Wi-Fi was blazing fast! Wi-Fi [free] in the room! And with Internet access – wireless and Internet access – LAN!

Food, Glorious Food (and Maybe a Few Hiccups)

Okay, this is where things get interesting. Let's just say my stomach, like a confused chef, went through a rollercoaster of emotions.

  • Dining, drinking, and snacking: Ah, the promised feast! They boast a slew of delicious options, but I didn’t try them all, so I can’t offer a thorough review without a caveat. I will say, the Breakfast [buffet] was pretty amazing. I also noticed Alternative meal arrangement possibilities that could be fantastic, if you get on the same page of the person's requests. The Coffee shop was a lifesaver for my morning cravings. They also offer Room service [24-hour] that could be amazing. I went out for the most part.

  • Restaurants: They have Restaurants, which is a huge plus. There's Asian cuisine in restaurant, and a Vegetarian restaurant, so I'm happy.

  • The Vibe: I loved the fact that they offer a Poolside bar!

Things to Do (If You Can Drag Yourself Out of Bed)

This place is all about relaxation, which is awesome!

  • Ways to Relax: They have a Massage! That should have been amazing! But I wanted to enjoy it slowly. I felt so rejuvenated after a Spa, and went again in the Spa/sauna! I didn't try the Body wrap, but maybe I will!

  • Fitness Center: They have a Fitness center, which is a plus for many.

  • Pool with view: I loved going into the Swimming pool, and the Pool with view was fantastic!

Cleanliness and Safety: Are We Safe or Slightly Paranoid?

Let's talk about the elephant in the room: COVID. They take this seriously.

  • Safety Protocols: The anti-viral cleaning products and Daily disinfection in common areas were very reassuring.
  • Breakfast Takeaway Service is available, and the Individually-wrapped food options made me feel safe.
  • Room sanitization opt-out available is good for those who want it.
  • Cashless payment service is also available.

The Quirks, the Quirks! (Because Every Place Has 'Em)

  • The Staff: The staff was generally friendly and helpful, always smiling. There was that one time I needed assistance and it took a little while to get my problems fixed. But hey, they tried!
  • The Ambiance: It can be a little quiet. I like to be alone sometimes which is good. This place is great if you are like me. But if you want the full party experience, maybe not.
  • The Imperfections: On my first night I heard some noise, and there was a minor issue about the air conditioning, but that was about it.

So, Is Escape to Paradise Actually Paradise?

Look, it's not perfect. Nothing ever is. But for a new homestay, it's got a LOT going for it. It’s clean, comfortable, and the location in KK City is pretty great, with Front desk [24-hour] and Security [24-hour].

My Verdict: A Solid Recommendation with a Few Caveats

If you're looking for a relaxing getaway, a comfortable base of operations, and a place that takes safety seriously, then YES, I'd recommend Escape to Paradise. Just be prepared for a few quirks and a slightly sterile vibe.

My Advice: Book it! But before you do, maybe give them a call and ask about their accessibility accommodations.

My Final Score: 4 out of 5 stars (with a silent prayer for a little more personality).

Now, for the Big Sell (because, you know, I'm trying to convince you!)

Tired of the Ordinary? Craving an Escape?

Then book your stay at Escape to Paradise, KK City's Stunning NEW Homestay! We're not just offering a room; we're offering a sanctuary. Imagine waking up to a Breakfast [buffet] or a Breakfast [buffries] that caters our every need. Indulge in a rejuvenating Spa, relax by the Swimming pool [outdoor] or Swimming pool with breathtaking views, and unwind in rooms designed for ultimate comfort.

Here's what makes Escape to Paradise truly exceptional:

  • Unmatched Comfort: Luxurious rooms, featuring Air conditioning, Free bottled water, and the ultimate comfort
  • Unbeatable Value: Experience the best of KK City without breaking the bank.
  • Uncompromising Safety: We're committed to your well-being with rigorous cleaning protocols and a friendly staff.

Don't wait! This paradise won't last forever. Book your stay at Escape to Paradise today and experience a vacation you'll never forget!

Click here to book your escape! [Link to booking website]

(Disclaimer: My experience is a slightly biased one. Your mileage may vary. But really, it's pretty good.)

Lakeland's BEST Motel? (You Won't Believe #3!)

Book Now

 KK city Homestay. Newly Renovated Malaysia

Alright, buckle up buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's perfectly-scripted travel itinerary. This is a messy, honest, and probably slightly chaotic plan for a few days at a newly renovated KK City Homestay in Malaysia. Consider yourselves warned.

KK City Homestay: Mission "Chill Out, Maybe Get Slightly Lost, Definitely Eat Everything"

Day 1: Arrival, Apartment Intrigue, and the Quest for Legit Nasi Lemak

  • Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM):

    • The Great Descent: Arrive at Kota Kinabalu International Airport (BKI). Already regretting the extra bag of souvenir chocolates I crammed in. Immigration is mercifully quick, unlike that time in… well, never mind.
    • Taxi Tango: Grab a taxi to the homestay. Pray for a driver who can speak more than "airport," and understand the concept of "non-scam-city-prices." Cross fingers.
    • Homestay Hype (and Mild Panic): Check into the newly renovated homestay. Expectation: pristine white walls, Instagram-worthy decor. Reality: Probably slightly less… pristine. But hey, renovations, right? Embrace the "lived-in" vibe. I’m hoping the aircon works, because Malaysia hot is NO JOKE.
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM):

    • Lunch with a Mission: Find the PERFECT Nasi Lemak. I’m talking fluffy rice, the sambal that sings to your soul, the works. I'm going to ask the locals for recommendations and probably ignore them because I'm a terrible decision-maker and the first place that looks good is where I'm going. Probably. Will likely get lost in the process.
    • Apartment Ambush (aka Unpacking): Unpack. Realize I overpacked. Try and figure out how to make those tiny Malaysian hotel rooms feel… less claustrophobic. Maybe rearrange the furniture. Maybe nap on the couch. Likely.
  • Evening (5:00 PM - onwards):

    • Sunset Spectacle (hopefully): Head to the beach. Get utterly and completely mesmerized by the sunset. Take approximately 3,000 photos. Realize none of them capture the sheer, breathtaking beauty of it. Swear to live in the moment more. Fail.
    • Dinner Dilemma: Wander the night market. Get overwhelmed by the sheer variety of food. Accidentally order something I can't identify. Regret nothing. (Kinda. Maybe a little.) Try durian. Will probably love it or hate it. Either way, it'll be an experience.
    • Homestay Hangout: Collapse in a heap back at the homestay, stomach full of delicious chaos. Start planning Day 2, already knowing I'll deviate wildly from this plan.

Day 2: Island Hopping, Seasickness Shenanigans, and the Pursuit of the Perfect Coconut

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 12:00 PM):

    • Island Fever: Embark on an island-hopping tour. Sapi Island, Manukan Island, you name it. Hope I don't get seasick. History: I’ve gotten seasick on a pond. This should be interesting. Definitely bring ginger biscuits. And maybe a barf bag, just in case.
    • Snorkeling Spectacular (or Mild Panic in Overwhelmingly Clear Water): Attempt snorkeling. Marvel at the vibrant coral and tropical fish. Probably get water up my nose. Swear I'm going to learn how to breathe through my nose this time. Fail. Repeat.
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM):

    • Island Relaxation (and Coconut Craving): Sunbathe. Read. Try to resist the urge to check my phone every five seconds. Find the perfect coconut. The cold, refreshing, perfect coconut. This is a mission.
    • Lunch on the Beach: Eat lunch at a beachside restaurant. Try to avoid the aggressive seagulls who clearly have their own agenda. Contemplate the meaning of life while watching the waves. Realize I need a vacation from this vacation. (But in a good way!)
  • Evening (5:00 PM - onwards):

    • Beachside Sunset 2.0: Another sunset! Because, why not? Maybe try a different beach this time. Maybe not. The allure of the familiar is strong.
    • Dinner and Debrief: Explore a local seafood restaurant. Order way too much food. Regret nothing (again). Swap travel stories (and maybe a few lies) with new friends.
    • Homestay Huddle: Back at the homestay. Process all the things. Consider a nightcap of something local. Probably fall asleep before I finish it.

Day 3: Culture Crush, Market Mayhem, and Departure Blues

  • Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM):

    • Cultural Immersion (or Attempt Thereof): Visit a local museum, learn about the Sabah culture. Try to pronounce some of the local names. Utterly butcher them. Apologize profusely.
    • Market Mania: Dive headfirst into a local market. Haggle for souvenirs. Get ripped off. Don't care because the atmosphere is amazing. Buy something completely useless but ridiculously beautiful.
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM):

    • Lunch and Last Bites: Find a local eatery. Eat something I’ve never tried before. (Hopefully, good this time!).
    • Relax and Recalibrate (or Panic): Enjoy a little downtime. Pack (or, more likely, shove everything into my suitcase). Do some last-minute souvenir shopping. Start to get those pre-departure butterflies.
  • Evening (5:00 PM - onwards):

    • Farewell Feast: Have a final, satisfying dinner at a restaurant. Reflect on all the memories (and the questionable food choices).
    • Homestay Goodbye (and Airport Agony): Say goodbye to the homestay. Call a (hopefully reliable) taxi. Head to the airport. Reflect on how quickly the time flew by. Realize you're already planning your next trip.
    • Departure Depression: Stare out the airplane window as Kota Kinabalu shrinks beneath you. Vow to come back. Definitely come back for that perfect Nasi Lemak.

Things to Note:

  • Pace: This itinerary is a suggestion. Deviate. Get lost. Embrace the unexpected. That's where the real magic happens.
  • Food: Eat everything. Seriously. Don't be afraid to try new things. Your stomach might hate you, but your taste buds will thank you.
  • Imperfections: Be prepared for things to go wrong. Flights might be delayed. The aircon might break. That's okay! Roll with it. That's part of the adventure.
  • Embrace the Chaos: This is not a meticulously planned trip. This is a journey. Be open to the unexpected, and enjoy the ride.

And most importantly: Have fun! And try not to get too lost. (But a little lost is good, right?) Now go forth and explore! (Or, at the very least, go forth and find that darn Nasi Lemak.)

Marti Beach Hotel Turkey: Your Dream Vacation Awaits!

Book Now

 KK city Homestay. Newly Renovated Malaysia

Escape to Paradise: Kota Kinabalu's Newest Homestay - Your Questions Answered (and My Ramblings!)

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I just got BACK from Escape to Paradise and... well, it's a LOT to unpack. Let’s address the burning questions, shall we? (And maybe also, my own personal inner monologue, which is often more interesting than actual reality...)

What *actually* makes Escape to Paradise special? Like, beyond the PR fluff?

Alright, alright, you want the REAL deal? Forget the Instagram filters for a sec. What makes it special? Honestly? The feeling. It felt... *real*. Like, less "hotel, more "house." You know? The owners, this super sweet Sabah-born couple (I swear they're practically angels), they *live* there. So, it's not just a transaction; it's them sharing their home, their stories, their *life* with you. My first impression was that, the space is clean, and neat, and they will serve you very well.

I mean, I've stayed in places that felt like they were allergic to actual human interaction (like, "Don't touch the fluffy towels!" vibes). Here? I almost got *too* friendly. Maybe I overshared. But I learned about their kids, their favourite local food stall, and what the local fishermen were catching that morning. It was… *genuine*.

Is it actually "Escape to Paradise" or just… a nice homestay?

Okay, the name *does* set the bar high, doesn't it? Paradise? Hmm. Let's be real, Kota Kinabalu *is* pretty close to paradise in general. Specifically, the homestay? Look, it isn’t like waking up in a private villa overlooking the Maldives. It's located in a quiet residential area. No beachfront (boo!), but the proximity to stuff is good.

But the "escape" part? Yeah, that's there. The lush garden (seriously, it's bursting with tropical plants), the breezy veranda where I spent hours nursing a coffee and reading... It felt like a proper break from the usual hustle and bustle. It absolutely felt calmer and more relaxed than where I had been. The sounds of distant traffic faded away. I could actually *hear* my own thoughts, which, you know, might be a blessing or a curse depending on the day.

Oh, and if you love the sound of birds singing in the morning, this is the place. Every morning, I watched the sun rise and a smile washed over my face. No need for an alarm clock.

What's the room situation like? Are they, like, *clean*?

Okay, this is a HUGE one for me. I am a clean freak. (Don't judge.) The rooms? Yes. Clean. Super clean. And honestly, smelling this nice is just a small bonus. The linen smelled *amazing* – fresh, slightly floral, not that weird chemical smell you sometimes get in hotels. They had a fan running when I first got there; what a thoughtful act.

I stayed in the… I think it was called the ‘Sunset Suite' (or maybe I imagined that. I might have been a bit delirious from the flight). It was spacious, airy, and the bathroom... oh man, the bathroom. Shower pressure was *excellent,* which is my #1 hotel complaint, and the towels were fluffy. I mean, *fluffy*! Little things, you know? But they make a difference.

Seriously, I could have happily spent a week just lounging in that room. The only downside? I didn’t want to leave it. Ever.

Food! Tell me about the food! (I’m drooling already.)

Okay, here's the deal: the food is… *special*. Breakfast is included (praise the heavens!), and it’s not your standard, sad continental spread. It’s a proper, home-cooked meal. Think fresh fruit, fluffy pancakes, maybe some local Sabah specialties. I don’t want to give away *all* the secrets, but… there was this one dish… *drool*. Seriously, I could eat it every day.

The owners are super flexible with dietary needs, too. Just let them know beforehand. They're not afraid to get creative. I learned that one of the owners, the husband, spent almost 10 years traveling to another country. I would not want to miss out on the dishes he makes.

Okay, so, honest opinion: Are there any downsides to Escape to Paradise?

Alright, gotta be honest. There are a few, minor, tiny little things. First, it's not the *most* central location. You'll need to grab a Grab or a taxi to get to some of the main attractions. Not a dealbreaker, but something to factor in.

Second tiny thing: I went during the rainy season. Because the place is surrounded by lush vegetation, there are more mosquitoes. But the owners have mosquito nets and coils. Still, pack some repellent.

Honestly? That’s it. I'm nitpicking. I’m pretty sure I spent half my stay trying to figure out if they'd let me move in permanently. (They probably wouldn't.)

How about the staff? (Or lack thereof, since it's a homestay?)

Oh, the staff! Well, it’s the owners. And they're like the golden standard of "staff." They are so incredibly present and attentive. They're not in your face constantly, but they're there when you need them. Always smiling. Always helpful. Offering tips on where to go, what to see, the best place to get laksa (the answer, by the way, is a secret… ask them!).

I had a bit of a travel mishap (let’s just say I accidentally wandered into a durian market… the smell! The horror!), and they helped me out, no questions asked. They went above and beyond to make sure I had a great stay. It's the little things, you know? The feeling of being truly cared for.

Would you go back? (And would you recommend it?)

Do you even need to ask? YES. 100% YES. I'm already plotting my return. I'm thinking… maybe during the dry season this time.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely. But… (and this is a big but)… go with an open mind and heart. Ditch the rigid expectations. Embrace the relaxation. Be prepared to chat with the owners and maybe, just maybe, overshare a little. Because EscapeSmart Traveller Inns

 KK city Homestay. Newly Renovated Malaysia

 KK city Homestay. Newly Renovated Malaysia