
Escape to Paradise: Abah's Amazing Malaysian RoomStay!
Escape to Paradise: Abah’s Amazing Malaysian RoomStay! - A Review That's Actually Real (and Maybe a Little Crazy)
Okay, so I just got back from "Escape to Paradise: Abah's Amazing Malaysian RoomStay!" and honestly? I'm still unpacking… both my suitcase and my emotions. This isn't your glossy brochure review, folks. This is the uncensored, slightly messy, and possibly caffeinated truth. Buckle up.
First Impressions (and the Arrival Gauntlet):
Finding the place was… an adventure. Let's just say my GPS had a personality crisis. But finally, there it was! “Escape to Paradise.” The exterior was… well, it was there. (Don't judge a book, or a hotel, etc. etc. you know the drill). I pulled in, and thankfully, car parking was free! (Yay, free stuff!) A quick valet parking service was also offered, which I didn't use because I’m cheap – and probably too awkward to hand my keys over to a stranger.
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag
Right off the bat, I have to be honest: accessibility needs a little TLC. While they mention facilities for disabled guests, I didn't see explicit details. I'd recommend contacting them directly if you have specific needs. The elevator was a godsend, though, because my room was on the… um… high floor. (They DO have non-smoking rooms, a solid plus!)
Check-in: Smooth(ish) Sailing
Check-in was contactless, which I appreciated (germaphobe confession: I carry hand sanitizer like it’s a vital organ). The front desk was 24-hour, which is a relief for us late-night travelers. Check-in/out [express] was also available – good for the impatient among us.
Rooms: My Personal Oasis (with a Few Quirks)
Okay, the room! Yes, it had air conditioning (essential in Malaysia, trust me). The Wi-Fi was free, which is a huge win, and they weren't lying about Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And guess what? I had internet access, and internet access – wireless. I'm not entirely sure what the difference is, but yay to both!
My room had a window that opens and a desk. The blackout curtains were glorious! (I need my sleep). A safety deposit box was a nice touch. I also had a refrigerator.
The Really Good Stuff:
- The bed was comfy! (Extra long bed; perfect because I'm a sprawler).
- Bathrobes AND slippers! That, my friends, is luxury.
- The separate shower/bathtub was a treat. Hot shower after a long day is a must, though not essential.
- Complimentary tea and free bottled water – always a winner!
The… Less Good Stuff:
- The decor was… how shall we say… "eclectic." Let's leave it at that.
- The "alarm clock" was a bit of a mystery. I’m not sure if it was even working.
- The daily housekeeping was a blessing and a curse. They were so efficient, sometimes I felt like they were hovering.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food Adventures!
Okay, food! This is where things get interesting. I'd heard good things, but I’m a picky eater, and I was nervous.
- Breakfast [buffet] was available, and it was… diverse. Asian breakfast was the star, with all sorts of noodle dishes. My stomach wasn’t quite ready for that at 7 AM, but the Western breakfast, with the predictable eggs and toast, was a lifesaver.
- They have Asian cuisine in the restaurant, international cuisine in the restaurant, and, of course, a vegetarian restaurant. (They did not have a Western cuisine in the restaurant).
- Room service was 24-hour. That’s a lifesaver.
- I'm a sucker for a poolside bar, and after a couple of hours in the sun, it was a must. Their cocktails were actually pretty good.
- The coffee shop served decent coffee, which was essential to my survival.
- Snack bar served the usual stuff.
The Spa/Relaxation Scene (I’m Here for It!)
Okay, let’s talk relaxation. This is where "Escape to Paradise" really shines.
- The swimming pool [outdoor] was beautiful, with a pool with a view. Just stunning. I spent hours there.
- The sauna was AMAZING. Stealing away an hour in Sauna every day.
- I treated myself to a massage. Oh. My. Goodness. Bliss. The masseuse found every knot and worked it out. Worth every penny.
- They also offered body scrubs and body wraps – which I sadly didn't have time for. Next time!
- The gym/fitness center was there, and I… well, I meant to go. But the pool and the massage won out.
- They had a foot bath too, although I did not visit.
The Little Things That Matter:
- Cashless payment service was convenient.
- Daily disinfection in common areas and rooms sanitized between stays gave me peace of mind.
- Staff trained in safety protocol.
- Hand sanitizer was everywhere!
- Hot water linen and laundry washing – essential.
Things to Do (Beyond Just Lounging Around)
- Meeting/banquet facilities are available, if you need to do work, you are in luck.
- Meeting stationery is provided.
- There’s a gift/souvenir shop (perfect for last-minute presents).
- A shrine to admire.
Safety & Security: Feeling Protected
- CCTV in common areas
- CCTV outside property
- Fire extinguisher
- Smoke alarms
- Safety/security feature
- Security [24-hour]
For the Kids (If You’re Traveling With Little Ones):
- Babysitting service
- Family/child friendly
- Kids facilities
- Kids meal
Getting Around:
- Airport transfer
- Car park [free of charge]
- Taxi service is available.
Things That Didn't Pan Out (or I Just Didn't Get To):
- I didn’t get around to the seminars.
- I didn’t see the bottle of water
The Verdict: Should You Escape?
Honestly? Yes! "Escape to Paradise" isn’t perfect, but it's got a charm. Sure, the decor might not be to everyone's taste, but the relaxation options are fantastic. The staff were friendly and helpful. Most importantly, I came back feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
My Emotional Rollercoaster: The Massage
Okay, real talk. Let me tell you about the massage. Usually, I'm too cheap to have a massage. But I was stressed, tired, and just needed it. I booked a deep tissue massage, and from the second those hands started working on my shoulders, my life changed. I started to feel…good. Like, really good. The masseuse found knots I didn't even know I had. I actually started to tear up. Not from pain, but from pure, unadulterated relief! For that hour, I forgot about work, the travel, everything. It was pure bliss. I walked out feeling like a new person. That massage alone? Worth the price of admission. I’m still thinking about it.
Quirky Observations:
- Random: There seemed to be a cat or two roaming around. Cute, but made me miss my own pet.
- The elevators, as previously mentioned, gave me a workout.
Would I Go Back?
Absolutely. Especially for the sauna and the massage. "Escape to Paradise: Abah’s Amazing Malaysian RoomStay!" – it's not just a hotel, it's an experience (and a pretty darn good one).
And Now, The Unstoppable Offer! (AKA The Persuasion):
Tired of just existing? Craving an escape? Then ditch the endless emails and book your getaway to Escape to Paradise: Abah's Amazing Malaysian RoomStay!
Here's the deal:
- Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected (or disconnect, you choose!).
- Unwind like never before: Soak up the sun by the Pool with a View, Melt away your stress in the Sauna, Book an epic, life-changing massage.
- Fuel your adventures: Start your day with an Asian or Western Breakfast.
- Safety first: Rest easy

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my RoomStay Tok Abah adventure in Malaysia. Forget pristine itineraries, this is gonna be a straight-up, unfiltered, slightly chaotic account. And honestly? That's how travel should be, right?
Day 1: Kuala Lumpur - Arrival and an Unholy Alliance with Street Food
- Morning (or whenever the heck I finally managed to wake up after that red-eye flight): Touchdown KL! Humidity hit me like a wet, warm hug. My internal monologue was already screaming, "Oh god, did I pack enough deodorant?!" Found the pre-booked Grab driver (thank you, past-me for that foresight!), who looked suspiciously like he'd been up all night too.
- The Ride: Highway views, all blur and construction. My brain still trying to reboot. The driver, bless his heart, kept trying to make conversation. "Where you from?" "You like Malaysia?" I was just fighting off sleep. He must have thought I was incredibly rude, but honestly, I was just desperately clinging to consciousness.
- RoomStay Tok Abah - Initial Impressions: Found the place. It's cute. Cozy. Maybe a little… too cozy? (I mean, I'm used to space. Small, New York City apartment, but still…). The host, bless her heart again, was super welcoming. Sweet lady. Said the AC was "very good". We'll see about that, lady. We'll see.
- Afternoon: The Great Food Hunt: After a quick nap (needed that AC to prove itself!), fueled by sheer hunger, I ventured out. First stop? A random street food stall. Okay, let me be real: I'd spent the past MONTHS watching Anthony Bourdain and fantasizing about this moment. I got my first taste of Nasi Lemak. Oh. My. GOD. Coconut rice, spicy chili, crispy anchovies… I think I actually shed a tear. This was it. This was the moment I'd dreamt of. (Okay, and maybe I burned my tongue. Worth it.)
- Evening: The Petronas Towers and Regret (Mostly about the Shoes): Tourist mode: ACTIVATED. Petronas Towers. Spectacular. Breathtaking. My feet? Not so much. I'd made the cardinal travel sin: I wore shoes that looked cute, but were clearly made for a leisurely afternoon tea, not for trekking around a city on foot. Huge mistake. I spent the entire time limping and plotting my revenge against whatever fashion blogger told me these shoes were comfortable. The view from the top? Glorious. The memory of the shoes? Forever etched in my memory as a lesson in suffering.
Day 2: Melaka - History, Heat and a Boatload of Baba Nyonya
- Morning: The Bus to Melaka - The "Is This Actually Happening?" Phase: Okay, logistics. The bus. Surprisingly comfy. Or maybe I was just so exhausted from yesterday's shoe debacle that I didn't even notice. The scenery unfolded, everything green and vibrant. Then I started wondering, "Did I pack enough water? What if I get lost? What if the bus breaks down in the middle of nowhere?" Standard travel anxiety, really.
- Arrival in Melaka - History Overload: Cobblestone streets, charming buildings, and more heat than I thought humanly possible to endure. I'd booked a walking tour. Thank god for air conditioning in the shops. Our guide, a sweet (but definitely opinionated) older gentleman, launched us on a history lesson and it was fantastic. Baba Nyonya, the Portuguese influence, Dutch squares… My brain started to feel like it was over-stuffed like a particularly large pastry. I loved it, I really did, but by the end of it, I'm not gonna lie, I was starting to glaze over.
- Afternoon: Food Coma, Version 2.0 - Nyonya Cuisine: More food! (When in Rome, or, you know, Malaysia…) Nyonya cuisine. Spicy, fragrant, and just…wow. The Laksa was incredible. Assam Pedas, the perfect mix of sour and spice. I think I ate enough to feed a small village. The heat was starting to get to me. I felt like I was melting into a puddle of sweat and satisfaction. This is the life, I thought. Even if I might never be able to button my jeans again.
- Evening: The Melaka River Cruise - More Picturesque Than I Deserved: Okay, so you think you're tired, right? Then you get on a boat, a gentle breeze wafts across your face, and the city lights dance on the water. Magical. The best part? No walking. Just sitting. And, yes, I might have dozed off for a bit. Don't judge me - I was exhausted!
Day 3: Re-Entry into KL - Farewell Feasts and Hotel Room Meltdown
- Morning: "Let's Get Lost" (and Maybe Find Some Food): Back in KL. A sort of aimless wander. One last attempt to find that perfect bowl of noodles. Spoiler alert: I found multiple perfect bowls of noodles. And satay. And… oh, the roti canai! My taste buds were in heaven and my waistline was in deep trouble.
- Afternoon: The Hotel Saga - RoomSwap Edition: Packed my stuff. Went back to Tok Abah. I'm not gonna lie, the second the door closed behind me, I had that dreaded feeling. My AC was on the fritz. It was a 40-degree oven. I felt like I was walking into a pizza oven. I was about to start the most intense emotional meltdown in the history of RoomStay Tok Abah.
- Phone Calls, Tears, and The Great AC Debate: Called the host. No answer. So then, I did something I wouldn't have done a week ago: Tears. The heat was too much. But then, finally! The host showed up. She was beyond apologetic. The AC, yeah, she said, it was acting up.
- The Room-Swap: The host was amazing, and I have to say that was the turning point. She offered to switch me to another room which was so much better!
- Evening: One Last Feast (and Possibly a Second Dessert, Don't Judge): My final meal. Curry puffs. Durian (yes, I braved it. The smell, okay, it's a lot, but… the taste? Interesting). Everything was wonderful. I sat there, feeling full (both physically and emotionally). I'd survived. I'd thrived. I'd eaten my weight in deliciousness. And, despite the initial heat and the occasional shoe-related trauma, I was genuinely sad to leave.
- Final Thoughts: Malaysia, you were messy, you were hot, you were unbelievably delicious, and you were completely, utterly, wonderful. RoomStay Tok Abah? Well, it had its hiccups, and the AC wasn't always a friend. But also, it was charming, and made me feel at home. And if I ever go back? I'm packing better shoes. And a portable fan. And maybe a hazmat suit for the durian. But mostly? I'm going back for the food. Absolutely, unequivocally, 100% for the food. Until next time, Malaysia!

Is "Escape to Paradise" actually *paradise*? Because let's be real, expectations are dangerous things...
Alright, alright, hold your horses. "Paradise"? Look, Abah’s place is AMAZING, seriously. Like, the kind of place where you actually *breathe* a little easier. But let's be honest, total paradise? Probably not. My expectations were sky-high, I’d seen the photos, the reviews…and when I first arrived, I was a little…underwhelmed. The internet connection? Let's just say my Instagram story uploads were living in the Dark Ages. And the aircon in the first room? Sounded like a jet engine. But THEN, the *real* magic hit.
Paradise isn't perfect, right? It's got its quirks. And Abah's place? Full of them. But it's GOOD quirks. Like the time I got hopelessly lost trying to find the nearest coffee shop (which turned into a delightful two-hour adventure with a local grandmother teaching me how to bargain for durian fruit). So, is it paradise? Depends. Is it a place that'll stick in your memory and warm your heart? Absolutely. Just maybe pack some extra patience and a good portable charger. You've been warned!
Okay, spill the tea. What was the room actually *like*? I need DETAILS.
Okay, details. The room? Well, the first one…let's call it "functional." The air conditioning was a beast, as I mentioned. The bed was…fine. Not the most comfortable, honestly. But the second room?! GOLD. We're talking a four-poster bed draped with mosquito netting that actually *worked* (crucial, trust me!). The balcony overlooked the most ridiculously lush garden, overflowing with these incredible flowers – I'm no botanist, but they were vibrant! The bathroom...was…rustic charm, if you’re into that. Basically, the water pressure was questionable, but the *location* was EVERYTHING. The entire vibe was more like a local's home, and it was refreshing to be inside. The first room? A little less welcoming. Make sure you pick the right rooms here!
It honestly felt like stepping into a different world. The decor was so…Malaysian, from the intricate wood carvings to the brightly colored textiles. I felt like I was actually *living* somewhere and not just camping out in a hotel room. And it had a fantastic view of the ocean.
Abah himself…is he as amazing as everyone says? Because, again, hype is dangerous ground.
Abah. Oh, Abah. Where do I even *start*? Yes. The hype is real. But it's not some forced, fake-nice thing. He's genuinely, incredibly…kind. And funny! I was struggling to order a taxi one day, and he just materialised with this HUGE grin on his face, helped me out, and then told me a story about a runaway chicken from his youth. He’s a storyteller, Abah is, and you can tell he *loves* hosting people.
He genuinely cares. Sure, he sometimes forgets things (like the extra towels I asked for...twice!), but the warmth and the genuine hospitality are just…they make everything else fade into insignificance. Remember that jet engine air conditioner? I was about to lose my mind. But then Abah came in, fiddled with it for about 30 minutes, apologized profusely (even though it wasn't his fault!), and offered me a plate of ridiculously delicious homemade cookies. He fixed it, he made it better, and in the end, I didn't care. He's the soul of the place, and you can't fake that.
What's the food situation like? I'm a HUGE foodie, so this is a MUST-KNOW.
Foodie, huh? Okay, buckle up. The breakfast situation is… a little unpredictable. Sometimes it's a feast, with a mountain of fresh fruit, fluffy pancakes, and amazing, spicy mee goreng. Other times… well, let's just say the toast might be a little on the *charred* side. Look, it's not a five-star buffet situation.
But it’s *real* food! And the fresh fruit is amazing. I had the most amazing mangoes of my life there! And the meals are a part of the experience. One night, Abah's wife, Makcik, cooked a traditional Malaysian curry that was… oh my GAWD. My mouth is watering thinking about it! It was SO good. If I knew how she made it, I would have been making it ever since. Again, it’s the imperfections that make things perfect here!
Okay, fine, the food sounds amazing. But what about the location? What is there *to do*?
The location? SPECTACULAR. It's right on the coast, with easy access to the beach. Soft, powdery sand between your toes, crystal-clear water... it's postcard perfect, honestly. You can snorkel, swim, sunbathe… or do what I mostly did, which was drink iced coffee and read a book under a palm tree. Utter bliss. It's a bit out of the way from the really busy tourist areas.
And the best part? It’s a great base for exploring. There are incredible waterfalls a short drive away (go, seriously, go!), a national park with amazing hiking trails, and several charming little towns to discover. Even if you don’t feel like anything “active”, it's perfect. I spent a day just wandering around, talking to the locals and eating strange and wonderful things. I even took a batik class. All in all, a perfect location.
Would you go back? Be honest!
Absolutely. Without a doubt. I'm already trying to figure out when I can go back. The problems? Yeah, there might be a few. But I’m not sure how much to blame the RoomStay. It's more like a family experience than a hotel experience. The wifi was spotty and the air conditioner was terrible. But I miss it. I miss Abah's stories; I miss the smell of the sea air, and the warmth of the people. I miss the chaos, honestly. That's the best part.

