
Kimberley's Hidden Gem: Club Guesthouse Uncovered!
Kimberley's Hidden Gem: Club Guesthouse Uncovered! – A Messy, Honest, and Occasionally Hilarious Review
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the whirlwind that is Club Guesthouse in Kimberley! Let me tell you, this place… it’s an experience. And as a highly opinionated, slightly chaotic travel enthusiast, I'm here to spill the tea. Prepare for a review that’s less polished brochure and more… well, me.
First Impressions (and Immediate Struggles):
Finding the place was a journey. GPS glitches? Check. Signage that could generously be described as "subtle"? Double check. Finally, after a near-miss with a particularly aggressive flock of geese (Kimberley, you wild!), I arrived. The exterior corridor wasn't exactly the glamorous red carpet I’d envisioned. But hey, it's Kimberley! And honestly, the understated entrance felt kind of… secret-y? Almost like I was about to be inducted into some cool, clandestine club. (Aspirational vibe: 6/10 – Needs a slightly bigger sign!)
Accessibility & Safety – The Essentials:
- Accessibility: Okay, here's the honest truth. I wasn't specifically looking for wheelchair-friendly, but the building is equipped with an elevator, which is a HUGE plus. Beyond that, I can’t give a definitive answer. I’d recommend contacting the guesthouse before booking to confirm specific accessibility details.
- Cleanliness and Safety (Post-Pandemic Realness!): This is where Club Guesthouse shines. They are serious about hygiene. The anti-viral cleaning products smell… well, they smell CLEAN. And I loved the sanitized kitchen and tableware items – because let's be real, no one wants to worry about questionable cutlery.
- Key takeaways: Professional-grade sanitizing services are definitely in play. They’ve got hand sanitizer galore, daily disinfection in common areas, and the staff trained in safety protocol seemed genuinely invested in making me feel safe. I even appreciated the individually-wrapped food options. I didn't see the doctor/nurse on call, but I did see a first aid kit. Solid effort, Kimberley!
- Room Sanitization Opt-Out & Physical Distancing: It’s a relief that they cater to different comfort levels. The room sanitization opt-out is a great touch, and it’s physical distancing of at least 1 meter which gives you a sense of some space.
- Security & Peace of Mind: CCTV in common areas & outside property, security [24-hour], smoke alarms and the fire extinguisher made me a little more comfortable.
Internet and the Modern Traveler:
- Wi-Fi: Hallelujah! Free Wi-Fi in all the rooms! And not just a weak signal, either. I was able to stream Netflix (admittedly, a lot of Netflix) without any major buffering issues. They also have Internet [LAN] if that's your jam. (Score: 9/10 for reliable Wi-Fi!)
The Room – My Personal Sanctuary (Or Lack Thereof):
Alright, let's get down to the nitty-gritty. My room… was a non-smoking haven. Thank goodness because I hate the smell of smoke. It had the basic necessities: Air conditioning, a desk (for my laptop workspace), a coffee/tea maker (essential!), and a refrigerator (for my emergency chocolate stash). * Extra Goodies: I particularly appreciated the free bottled water after a long day. The blackout curtains were a lifesaver for sleeping in. And the bathrobes? Comfy as heck! * The Negatives (Because We Keep it Real): The extra-long bed was not extra comfortable. The mirror was slightly crooked. The TV had satellite/cable channels, but the selection was…let's just say, it wasn't exactly tailored to my sophisticated tastes. And I'm still unclear on the purpose of the bathroom phone. * Things That Matter: Daily housekeeping was a godsend. Towels were fluffy and clean. The shower had decent water pressure. And the hair dryer actually worked! * Overall Room Vibe: Basic but functional. It’s not the Ritz, but it’s clean, safe, and gets the job done. (Score: 7/10 – Could use a little personality, but I’d stay again!)
Dining – Food, Glorious Food (And the Occasional Mishap):
- The Breakfast Buffet: Breakfast [buffet] was the way to go. I’m talking everything from a Western breakfast to an Asian breakfast I could customize. It wasn’t the most gourmet buffet I’ve ever seen, but hey, the coffee/tea in restaurant was plentiful, and the breakfast service was efficient.
- The Ups & Downs of Buffets: The buffet in restaurant could be a little hectic during peak hours, and, oh boy, the desserts in restaurant were a bit hit-or-miss (stick to the fruit, trust me!).
- Other Options: There's a Coffee shop in the area and I saw restaurants. They also have room service [24-hour] if you're feeling lazy (guilty!).
Things to Do & Ways to Relax (A Deep Dive):
Okay, this is where Club Guesthouse really intrigued me. They promised Spa/sauna and Pool with view and some other luxuries.
- The Spa (Spoiler Alert: I'm Obsessed!): I loved the Spa!
- The Body Scrub: I booked myself in for a Body scrub. The therapist didn't speak much English, but then again, I didn't speak much of the local language, so we just kind of…communicated with smiles and gestures (which, by the way, is a fantastic way to experience a spa treatment). It was heavenly! The scrub itself was invigorating, and the massage that followed… pure bliss.
- The Sauna: The sauna, while functional, was nothing to shout about.
- The Steamroom: I didn't test the Steamroom.
- The Foot bath: The Foot bath was a must-do.
- The Swimming Pool: The swimming pool [outdoor] was lovely. The poolside bar was even better! Sipping a cocktail while gazing at the view? Yes, please!
- Fitness Center: I didn't have time to test out the Gym/fitness or the Fitness center.
- Things to do: Baby sitting service is available.
Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter:
- The Good: Daily housekeeping was a godsend. They have Air conditioning in public area which could be a life-saver. Cash withdrawal made things easy. Concierge was helpful. The Doorman was friendly. Laundry service was available. Luggage storage was a bonus. Safety deposit boxes are always appreciated. Taxi service was very easy to get. The Terrace was great for relaxing. Food delivery was easy and affordable, if you want to stay in.
- The Not-So-Good (But Minor): Additional toilet was a good idea.
For the Kids (Because, Why Not?):
- Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal, this isn't the most ideal for kids.
Getting Around:
- Easy Peasy: Car park [free of charge]. Airport transfer and Taxi service are a great plus.
Overall Vibe – Quirky, Honest, and Worth a Shot:
Club Guesthouse isn't perfect. It has its quirks. But here's the thing: it's got genuine personality. It's a place where you feel welcomed, even if you're a slightly disheveled travel blogger (ahem, me) who's perpetually lost and prone to spilling coffee. It's clean, it's safe, and it offers a surprising amount of amenities for the price.
Final Verdict:
Would I recommend Club Guesthouse? Absolutely. It's a hidden gem, indeed. And trust me, I’m not easy to please.
My Offer (Because I’m Generous Like That):
Book your stay at Club Guesthouse and get a COMPLEMENTARY Body Wrap at the spa! That’s right, treat yourself to some extra pampering. Just use the code "HIDDENGEM" at checkout. You deserve it
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Hotel Zeenat, India - Your Dream Getaway?
(Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This itinerary isn't for the faint of heart. We're going to KIMBERLEY CLUB GUESTHOUSE, South Africa, and it's going to be… well, it's going to be a ride.)
The Kimberley Club: My Love-Hate Affair (Mostly Love, I Think)
Day 1: Arrival and the Ghost of Cecil John Rhodes (Or, Why Did I Think This was a Good Idea?)
- Morning (ish): Land in Kimberley. Okay, so the airport is… intimate. Let's just say it's the kind of airport where you can probably smell the morning coffee brewing at the cafe before you even see the cafe. My luggage decided to take a scenic route, meaning I spent a good hour sweating and muttering under my breath to a very bored baggage handler. Found it! Hurray!
- Afternoon: Arrive at the Kimberley Club Guesthouse. Now, picture this: stately Victorian architecture, faded grandeur, and a palpable sense of… history. Lots of history. It hits you the moment you walk in. Cecil John Rhodes himself probably haunted these halls. The staff, bless their hearts, are a mix of incredibly efficient and endearingly flustered. I felt immediately welcome but also a bit like I had wandered onto a movie set. The room? Charming, in a "your grandmother's attic" sort of way. The antique furniture whispers stories. Probably of all sorts of naughty goings-on because, after all, gentlemen's club. The bathroom? A little…close. (More on that later.)
- Slightly Later Afternoon: Explore the Kimberley Club. This place is a maze! I got lost, twice. But being lost meant finding secrets in the form of quiet, sun-drenched smoking terraces and a library that smelled of old books and richer people. I stumbled on the bar (naturally). A stiff gin and tonic was in order after the flight, the baggage drama, and the overall "Am I really here?" feeling. The bartender, a twinkly-eyed gent named Pieter, told me tales of Rhodes, of diamonds, of loves lost and found. I swear, it felt like the walls were listening.
- Evening: Dinner at the Club. They call it a dining room, but it feels like a grand ballroom where the only music playing is the gentle clinking of silverware. The food was… well, it was good. Hearty, traditional South African fare. But the company! I shared the table with a retired diamond miner who looked like he'd seen things (he had, apparently). And a couple who'd been married for 50 years and still held hands. It was all utterly charming and utterly overwhelming. I went to bed feeling like I had been transported through time. And also slightly scared of the dark.
Day 2: The Big Hole and the Bathroom Chronicles (Oh, the Humanity!)
- Morning: The Big Hole. Okay, wow. It's… big. Really big. Imagine a giant, gaping wound in the earth. That's the Big Hole. And, look, they have a museum, and it is a bit dry. However, the sheer scale of the thing is astonishing. I spent at least an hour just staring into the abyss, imagining the lives of the miners, the relentless pursuit of diamonds, the entire story that made this place. Goosebumps, I tell you. The museum has a replica of the mine, and you see the conditions these workers endured. Makes you really appreciate a clean space.
- Lunch: Found a little cafe nearby that served the best biltong I've ever tasted. Seriously, I almost forgot I had a whole day's worth of sightseeing planned. It was a moment.
- Afternoon: Back to the hotel. And this is where things got interesting. THE BATHROOM. Now, the tub? Beautiful. A claw-foot dream. But the plumbing? Let's just say it had a personality of its own. First, tepid water. Then, a sudden gush of scalding heat that nearly removed my skin. Then, nothing. A battle ensued. I ended up victorious. Slightly singed but victorious. I started seeing the bathroom as a character, and I was now a secondary character.
- Evening: Decided to skip the formal dining room. Too much pressure. Opted for a takeout pizza (yes, seriously). Ate it in my room while channel surfing a selection of mostly Afrikaans channels I didn't understand, but I felt less like I was in a museum and more in a real place.
Day 3: A bit of Kimberley History? and Some Inner Conflict.
- Morning: The McGregor Museum! It's a bit heavy on the Victorian, but its a fantastic glimpse into the time. The stories are so compelling or, at least the history buff in me thought so. I found some gems!
- Afternoon: I went back to the Big Hole. I sat, looked and I was thinking. How could anyone not be astounded by this place? I was thinking, I miss my life, the comfort of home. But what would I do different?
- Evening: I realized, this trip could be a great reset. I will not leave things on the table. I will embrace the uncomfortable.
- Late Evening: Sleep.
Day 4: Farewell Kimberley (Or, Until We Meet Again, If My Finances Allow)
- Morning: Breakfast at the Kimberley Club. Today I've decided I prefer the staff. This place is a bit magical. And I'll miss this place.
- Afternoon: The airport. I'm more prepared this time. I'm prepared for the intimate airport, the possible lost baggage, and the overall feeling of… well, the vastness of life.
- Evening: I land.
- Late Evening: I can't wait to return.
(Disclaimer: This is a fictionalized account, written for comedic effect and intended to capture the feeling of a trip, with all its ups, downs, and bathroom dramas. Actual experiences may vary. Please note that my experience is a bit different than others. The Kimberley Club is truly an amazing place.)
Raton's BEST Hotel? IHG's Hidden Gem Awaits! (Holiday Inn Express Review)
Kimberley's Hidden Gem: Club Guesthouse Uncovered! (Prepare for the Real Deal)
Okay, spill. Is Club Guesthouse *really* a hidden gem? The internet is always full of hype...
Right, okay, so let's be real. "Hidden gem" gets thrown around more than a rugby ball in Kimberley. I went in with serious skepticism. I'd seen the Insta pics – everyone looks radiant, the pool sparkles... you know the drill.
And listen, it *is* a gem. But a slightly tarnished, wonderfully wonky, absolutely *human* gem. Think less pristine, more…character. Think of it as a well-loved, slightly eccentric aunt's house – lots of personality, some quirks, and you might find a stray biscuit crumb under the sofa. That's Club Guesthouse. Honestly, it's better than perfect. Perfect is boring.
My first thought when I arrived? "Wow, the entrance looks *exactly* like the photos." Then, within seconds, I noticed the slightly faded paint, and a quirky, kind of lopsided, welcome sign. I actually laughed. Perfection off the starting block? Nope. And that, in a weird way, set the tone for the whole experience. It was genuinely refreshing.
What's the vibe like? Romantic getaway? Party central? Family-friendly? I need to know my target audience, you know?
Alright, this is crucial. Forget perfect categorization. Club Guesthouse is like a chameleon. It *can* be romantic. The courtyard at night, lit by fairy lights, has serious potential for smooching. There's a quiet, almost reverent vibe to it. The rooms are comfortable and not overly ornate.
Family-friendly? Hmm... I'd say it strikes a good balance. There's a pool, which is a huge plus. But it's not a kid-centric resort. There are no slides or screaming kids around. If you see them, good luck, then! It's more a place where you can unwind and relax – which is perfect. You know? It is what it is. I wasn't there in a family trip, but I can see it working in a way, if you can relax yourselves.
Party central? Absolutely not. Peaceful. Quiet. You *could* host a small gathering, but the focus is definitely on chill vibes. Think more... a sophisticated, slow-paced evening with friends.
The rooms! Tell me about the rooms! Do they have air conditioning? Is there a TV? I basically need my creature comforts…
Right, the rooms. They're lovely! Clean, comfortable beds. Good quality! They feel like a home. My room had air conditioning, which was an absolute godsend because Kimberley can get HOT. And yes, there was a TV. Honestly, though? I barely used it. My focus was on the outside.
But! Here's a heads-up, I think there were some differences between the rooms. I got a decent one. My friend booked a bit later, and his room was…well, let's just say it wasn't quite as spacious. So, maybe try to book early? Or, better yet – call ahead, and ask for a room with a view. Or a slightly nicer one.
The bathrooms were clean and functional. Hot water was a *definite* win. I've stayed in places where a warm shower felt like winning the lottery! No problems here.
But, and it's a small but, the decor might be...a little dated for some tastes. But I didn't mind. It added to the charm. It was like stepping back in time, in a good way. But don't be expecting modern, minimalist chic. You won't get it and that, in its own right, is very nice!
Let's talk food. Breakfast? Dinner? Is it any good? My stomach is the boss of me.
Oh, the best part! Breakfast is included. Which is always a bonus. And it was *good*! A proper, fully cooked breakfast with eggs to order, bacon, sausages... the works! They even had fresh fruit and cereal. It was delicious.
And, I have to say, I have a big tip. Do not skip the dinner. It was, frankly, fantastic. Home-style meals cooked with love. Forget fancy restaurant pretension. The food was simple, hearty, filling, and perfectly-prepared. I wasn't expecting it to be so good, if I'm honest. But I ordered a steak, and I loved it. Don't expect too much of a variety, but expect something that would be perfect for your stomach. It was like a hug on a plate. Literally a hug.
I remember the one evening, I was really tired and I didn't feel like going out. So I decided to eat at the guesthouse. That was the best decision. I have one that was just simple salad, but I tasted my own, and it was great. So, the food? Absolutely recommended.
What about the staff? Are they friendly? Helpful? Or are they like...completely missing in action?
The staff? Oh, they're amazing! They were friendly, attentive, and genuinely warm and welcoming. I felt like I was visiting family rather than staying in a hotel. They're really that good!
I had a minor issue with the air conditioning in my room, and they fixed it immediately. Nothing was too much trouble. They gave great advice and even suggested a local spot for the best coffee. They got me a taxi on my first day, and from that moment on, everything was perfect.
I think what made them so good was that they were just *real*. They weren't overly formal or trying too hard. They were just genuine, kind, and helpful. I felt very well looked after. I have stayed there for a week and I'm happy!
Okay, let's get down to the nitty-gritty. What were the downsides? Be honest!
Alright, here's the real talk. Nothing is perfect, and Club Guesthouse is no exception.
The Wi-Fi? It was…patchy. I have to admit, I did struggle to upload some photos, but I was okay because I had a good 4G connection. If you absolutely *need* to be glued to the internet for work, maybe bring a portable router. It's not a dealbreaker, but be aware.
Also, the location isn't *central*. You'll need a car or be prepared to use taxis to get around. It's not a problem if you're not planning on walking everywhere, but it's something to consider. It's not a problem if you want to have a quiet stay.
Oh, and I should mention...the pool! It's lovely, but it's not heated. So, if you're going in the colder months, be prepared for a chilly dip! But it was a total win!

