Traverse City Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Holiday Inn Express!

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Acme-Traverse City By IHG United States

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Acme-Traverse City By IHG United States

Traverse City Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Holiday Inn Express!

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive HEADFIRST into the Holiday Inn Express in Traverse City. This isn't your typical, sterile hotel review. This is real, warts and all (maybe some minor, minor warts - it is a Holiday Inn Express, after all!). And, frankly? I'm kinda jazzed about it.

Traverse City Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Holiday Inn Express! – The Raw Truth (and Maybe a Free Breakfast)

Let's be honest, sometimes you just need a clean, comfortable place to crash while you explore the real reason you're in Traverse City: the cherry farms, the stunning Grand Traverse Bay, and maybe, just maybe, a little bit of wine tasting. And the Holiday Inn Express? It's the reliable friend who always shows up, even if they're not rocking the latest fashion.

First Impressions & Getting Around: Smooth Sailing (Mostly!)

Okay, Accessibility. This is HUGE for some, and the Holiday Inn Express actually seems to have it together. I didn't personally need any extensive accessibility accommodations, but the information available seems pretty solid. They have Facilities for disabled guests. That's a good start. And, hey, they have an Elevator! Praise be! Makes lugging all your gear (or, you know, just your suitcase) a breeze.

Getting around is pretty sweet. Airport transfer – score! Car park [free of charge] – double score! And a Car park [on-site] too? Bonus! You're in TC, so you'll probably be driving around, although I confess, I did use a Taxi service once because, well, wine.

Cleanliness & Safety: They're Trying, Folks!

Let's address the elephant in the room: COVID. Look, no hotel is perfect, but the Holiday Inn Express seems to be putting up a decent fight. They've got Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE (thank you, sweet baby Jesus!), Rooms sanitized between stays, and Staff trained in safety protocol. I saw staff actively scrubbing stuff. It wasn’t a cursory wipe, it was a scrub. They're also offering the Room sanitization opt-out available, which is a nice touch if you're feeling extra cautious. They also have Physical distancing of at least 1 meter. I saw people trying to observe this… though, let's be honest, hotel lobbies are always a bit of a mob scene, right?

Rooms: The Familiar Embrace (and Wi-Fi!)

Alright, the bread and butter. What's the room REALLY like? Honestly, it's what you'd expect. A perfectly acceptable, clean, and decently comfortable room. The Air conditioning was blasting (a must for hot summer days!), and the Blackout curtains were a lifesaver when I was trying to recover from a late night of cherry-flavored chaos. They have Free Wi-Fi ([free] and Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!), which is essential, because come on. This is 2024. You need your phone, you need your Instagram, you need to research the best pasties in the area! The Internet access – wireless was fine, no complaints. They also have the Coffee/tea maker (morning savior!), a Refrigerator (essential for leftovers, and maybe secretly stashing some wine), and a fantastic Shower.

Dining, Drinking & Snacking: Fueling the Adventure

Ok, let's talk about the holy grail of free hotel amenities: Breakfast [buffet]. It's the Breakfast [buffet] you expect. The usual suspects: waffles (always go for the waffles!), scrambled eggs (questionable, but hey, breakfast!), and maybe some sad-looking fruit. But it's FREE. And sometimes, that’s all that matters. Bonus points for the Coffee/tea in restaurant. And the Breakfast takeaway service saves lives when you are late on the check out day. I did not attempt the Asian breakfast or Asian cuisine in restaurant. Not sure I am brave enough. They also have a Snack bar, (for all those pre-adventure moments) and a Poolside bar. That poolside bar? Definitely worth a visit after a hard day of… well, doing stuff that involves drinking. I had a few late nights there. The Bottle of water was very welcome, too.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa Day Maybe?

Alright, so this is where the Holiday Inn Express kinda falls into a "meh" category. They have a Swimming pool [outdoor]! And a Gym/fitness. Cool. I didn't get around to those. My idea of "fitness" on vacation involves a lot of walking and… maybe a few steps up to the bar. They have a Spa/sauna and a Sauna, but no Body scrub, Body wrap – so if you like those extra touches, you should skip the hotel. I was hoping for more in this department, but it is what it is.

Services & Conveniences: The Little Extras

They actually have a decent range of services! Dry cleaning, Laundry service, Daily housekeeping, Cash withdrawal. Always handy! Daily housekeeping, but in the world of COVID, is this still a thing? They had it! And they have a Convenience store – perfect for those late-night snack attacks. The Concierge and Front desk [24-hour]? Helpful, friendly folks!

Family Friendly? Eh, Maybe.

The Family/child friendly rating is… okay. They offer a Babysitting service, and some simple Kids facilities, and Kids meal (which is good). This isn’t a resort with a dedicated kids' club, but its perfectly fine.

The Unforgettable Moment (and Why You Should Book!)

So, I got locked out of my room. It was late, I’d had… several… glasses of wine, and I was fumbling with my keycard. I swear, the lock laughed at me. I trudged down to the Front desk [24-hour], mortified. The woman behind the desk, bless her heart, didn't even bat an eye. She smiled, reprogrammed my keycard, and sent me on my way. No judgment, just perfect, efficient service. It's those little things, those moments of human kindness, that make a difference. And the fact that I didn’t have to endure a lecture about my wine consumption? Priceless.

The Offer: Your Traverse City Getaway Awaits!

Here’s the deal, friends: Stop searching for fake perfection and embrace real value! Holiday Inn Express in Traverse City offers a clean, comfortable, and convenient basecamp for your adventures.

**We're offering an unbeatable deal on rooms: **

  • Unbeatable Deals & Packages! Book now and snag limited-time offers, including discounted rates, free breakfast, and more! (Check their website for the real details – fine print is important, my friends!)
  • Family Fun! They've got family rooms and kid-friendly amenities making for a smooth stay with your crew.
  • Unwind & Recharge! Enjoy a dip in the pool after a long day exploring the city.
  • Be in the Heart of it All! Conveniently located, you'll be by all the sights, shops, restaurants and everything in between!

Why book NOW? Because Traverse City's cherry season (and all the fun that comes with it) is just around the corner, and rooms are filling up fast! Don't miss out on your chance to experience the magic of Traverse City. Book your stay at the Holiday Inn Express today.

Click here to book your Traverse City Getaway: (Insert link here. Obviously!)

Don't be a stranger! Come to Traverse City. You won't regret it!

Thailand's BEST Kept Secret: Old Capital Bike Inn!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Acme-Traverse City By IHG United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, 'cause this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is a living, breathing itinerary for a stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Acme-Traverse City, by IHG. Expect hiccups, existential crises over continental breakfasts, and a whole lotta love for the cherry capital of the world.

Day 1: The Arrival (and a Slight Panic)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at the hotel. Okay, so the GPS sent me on a scenic route that involved a detour through a… well, technically it was a gravel road. Let's just say I'm intimately acquainted with the car's undercarriage now. Check-in. Hope the room isn't next to the ice machine. Please, God, no ice machine.
  • 1:30 PM: Luggage drop-off, unpacking. Feeling slightly frazzled from the gravel road rodeo. I swear, I traveled light, but my suitcase always seems to explode with clothes the second I open it. Found my lucky socks, though! Victory!
  • 2:00 PM: A quick recon of the room. Standard Holiday Inn Express fare. Clean, comfy enough. Bonus points for the decent-sized TV. Minus points for the slightly thin walls. Crossing my fingers, hoping the neighbors aren't into playing the trombone at 3 AM.
  • 2:30 PM: Swim at the pool (if it's actually good). Honestly, I think my body needed to do the whole water thing. I've been sitting in the car all day so let's do this!
  • 4:00 PM: Drinks and snacks at the hotel bar, just to get into the vacation mood. "Vacation Mode" is a real thing, right? Need to shake off that gravel road grime. Maybe a local brew?
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at a nearby restaurant. Okay, here's where the real adventure begins. I've been researching restaurants for weeks, and I think, think I've found a place with a good Bloody Mary. Wish me luck, people. I'm willing to risk it.
  • 8:00 PM: Stroll along the beach (assuming I can find one). Traverse City beaches are supposed to be amazing. I'm expecting some serious sunset vibes. If I can handle it, may be a stroll.
  • 9:00 PM: Crash. Read a book, attempt to unwind. Pray the trombone-playing neighbor remains silent. Possibly a guilty pleasure of television.

Day 2: Cherry-licious and Slightly Unhinged

  • 7:00 AM: Continental breakfast. Okay, let's be honest, this is a make-or-break moment. Scared to see how it goes. Will the waffles be fluffy? Will the coffee actually taste like coffee and not burnt sadness? Praying there's yogurt with granola. My entire mental state may depend on this.
  • 8:00 AM: Traverse City Cherry Festival! (It's a few months off but let's pretend). This is the moment I've been waiting for. The sheer joy of the cherry pie! The smell of cherries in the air! I am going to consume an irresponsible amount of cherry-flavored everything. Cherry soda, cherry ice cream, cherry pie, cherry donuts… I might develop a slight magenta tint to my skin. Worth it.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Likely a burger and fries to offset the cherry frenzy. Gotta keep things somewhat balanced.
  • 1:00 PM: Visit a local winery for a tasting and maybe buy some wine. Okay, a little class is needed after a morning of pure cherry chaos. I've heard they make cherry wine. Mwahahaha.
  • 3:00 PM: Explore the local shops. I like to buy weird souvenirs and local art. Look at something… is there a gallery?
  • 5:00 PM: Quick dip back at the hotel pool to cool down.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner at another restaurant, maybe try a local fish?
  • 8:00 PM: Stargazing if the weather cooperates. I've always wanted to see the Milky Way.

Day 3: The Aftermath (and a Dash of Regret)

  • 7:00 AM: Breakfast. Deep sigh. Possibly a second helping of waffles. (Don't judge me.)
  • 8:00 AM: Check out and head home. Maybe a quick souvenir stop on the way out? One last cherry pie? You know, just to be sure.
  • 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM: I reflect on the past couple of days… Did I eat too many cherries? Maybe. Did I relax enough? Probably not. But did I have fun? Absolutely.
  • 12:00 PM: Arrive home. Immediately start planning my next trip. Because let's be real, the travel bug never truly goes away.

Important Considerations:

  • Weather: I'm bringing a rain jacket. And maybe a tiny umbrella. Just in case.
  • Procrastination: I'm notoriously bad at planning. This itinerary is more of an outline, shall we say.
  • Impulse Buys: There will be souvenirs. Guaranteed.
  • The Ice Machine: I'm prepared to wage war. (Just kidding… mostly.)

So there you have it. A mess of a plan for a trip to Traverse City. But hey, that's life, isn't it? A beautiful, messy, cherry-filled adventure. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Unbelievable Views! Your Dream Alpine Escape Awaits at This Japanese Hotel

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Acme-Traverse City By IHG United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! We're diving headfirst into a Traverse City Holiday Inn Express getaway, and it's gonna be... well, it's gonna be *something*. Prepare for a rollercoaster of opinions, questionable memories, and the absolute unvarnished truth. Here we go!

Is this really a good deal at the Holiday Inn Express? I'm skeptical!

Okay, let's be real. Holiday Inn Express isn't exactly the Ritz. But, and this is a big BUT, these Traverse City deals? *They can actually be pretty darn sweet.* I went last year – right after a particularly brutal winter, let me tell ya – and the price was INSANE. I practically *tripped* over my own feet booking it. I mean, compared to some of the bougie hotels around town that charge, like, your firstborn for a room... this was a steal. Think: more money for cherry pie (essential!) and less money spent on feeling like you need to dress like royalty just to check in.

What's the BEST thing about staying there? Dish on the dirt!

Alright, here's the gospel truth: THE FREE BREAKFAST. Seriously. Forget fancy avocado toast and hollandaise rivers. We're talking pancakes shaped like happy faces (or, you know, vaguely happy faces... they tried!), sausage links that are probably mostly mystery meat (but delicious!), and the glorious, life-affirming, never-disappointing waffle machine. I kid you not, that waffle machine is the cornerstone of my morning happiness. Last time, I may or may not have eaten, like, five waffles. Don't judge me. And, let's be honest, is there anything more satisfying than rolling out of bed with NO EFFORT and being immediately hit with a buffet of carbs and questionable sausage? It's a win.

Anything I shouldn't expect? Be honest, don't sugarcoat it!

Okay, okay, here's where things get a little… real. Don’t expect the most *luxurious* experience. This ain't the Four Seasons. The decor might be a tad… utilitarian. Think beige. Think… hotel-y. The pool? Could be crowded. The gym (if there is one, I honestly can't remember) probably has equipment that's seen better days. And the air conditioning? Well, it occasionally has a mind of its own. One time, I swear, I was shivering uncontrollably in July. The hotel gods giveth, and the hotel gods taketh away, I suppose. But, and this is key, this shouldn't be your primary focus. Focus on the *experience* of Traverse City!

Traverse City itself! What's the vibe? What should I do?

Traverse City? Oh. My. Goodness. It's gorgeous. Seriously, it's postcard-worthy. The water is stunning (especially if you catch it on a nice day – which you should absolutely plan for, otherwise you're just praying for sunshine, and we all know how *that* goes). You've got the wineries (hello, wine!), the cherry farms (hello, cherry everything!), the beaches (hello, sand in *everywhere*!), and the general feeling of "happy vacation vibes." Must-dos? Okay, here's my slightly-organized, slightly-rambling list:
  • Wine Tour: Obvious, but essential. The Old Mission Peninsula is a must. Don't be a hero and try to hit too many wineries. Pace yourself. And drink water. Trust me.
  • Beach Bumming: Clinch Park is easy access downtown. Bring a towel, sunscreen, and a good book. Or, ya know, just people-watch. That's always fun.
  • Cherry Pie: Duh. Get it. Eat it. Repeat. Find the best cherry pie. It’s a life quest. Challenge accepted.
  • Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore: Breathtaking. Climb the dunes. Regret climbing the dunes (cardio is hard!). Take pictures that make you look like you had fun, even though you're gasping for air.
  • Downtown Exploration: The shops, the restaurants... it's all part of the charm. Just be prepared for the crowds, especially in peak season. Embrace the chaos!

Parking? Is it a nightmare? Because I HATE parking.

Okay, parking. This is a real-life issue. Depends on the Holiday Inn Express location and whether you are traveling during busy times. On-site parking is usually available, but can fill up. At the very least you can unload the car easily. Always check the current rules regarding the particular location you are visiting. Downtown can be a *bit* dicey, especially during the summer. Be prepared to walk a bit. Or, use your phone navigation and follow the instructions. Or, just pray, and hope for the best. Seriously, parking at the Grand Traverse Mall is easier than downtown during the height of summer.

What if something goes wrong at the hotel? Any horror stories?

Oh, this is a good one. Let’s just… say, my last trip, the elevator decided to take a vacation. The one with the luggage! Yep, that was a fun hike up the stairs. But the front desk staff, bless their hearts, were apologetic and managed to get the elevator up and running again quickly. Everyone has their moments… Look, things happen. Put things in context. Most of the time, it's fine. If the situation is not resolved immediately, don't sweat it. Just get yourself to a local coffee spot and cool down. Sometimes a problem is just a problem and you don’t have to do anything about it. Sometimes things are just *fine*. That's life, right?

Okay, you've basically talked me into it. Any final tips for snagging a good deal?

Alright, you're in! Excellent choice! Here are my parting words of wisdom. First, book in advance, but don't be afraid to check back periodically for price drops (yes, technology is your friend!). Second, look into booking mid-week. Weekends are always pricier. Third, sign up for any loyalty programs – even if you don't travel *that* often, it can get you the free Wi-Fi and maybe a slightly better room. Fourth, don't be afraid to call the hotel directly. Sometimes you can snag a better deal that way. And finally, just be flexible. Flexibility is the key to happiness, people! Be willing to bend a little, and you'll have a blast. And hey, if that waffle machine is still humming along when you get there, please, think of me. And maybe, just maybe, grab an extra waffle for old times' sake, okay? Happy traveling!
Hotel Search Today

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Acme-Traverse City By IHG United States

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Acme-Traverse City By IHG United States