
Danville's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review (You Won't Believe This!)
Danville's BEST Kept Secret? A Brutally Honest Holiday Inn Express Review (You Won't Believe This!)
Okay, people. Let's be real. Danville, Kentucky. It’s not exactly Vegas, but sometimes you just… need to be in Danville. And when you do need to be there, you need a decent place to crash. That’s where I found myself recently, and after a bit of digging, settled on the Holiday Inn Express. And let me tell you… it was a JOURNEY. I'm talking a rollercoaster of emotions, from "Wow, pretty good!" to "Is that… suspiciously clean?" to “Okay, I need that coffee right now.” Here's the lowdown, warts and all. Forget those glossy brochures, this is the REAL DEAL.
Accessibility: The Good and the… Maybe Not So Accessible?
First things first: accessibility. They do claim to be wheelchair accessible, which is a HUGE plus. Elevator? Yep, got one. The facilities for disabled guests are listed, but I didn't personally test them. Look, I'm not in a wheelchair, so I can't give a definitive review on that. But the presence of these features is promising. Fingers crossed, it's as good as it claims to be!
Cleanliness and Safety: Sanitized? Maybe a Little Too Sanitized?
COVID (ugh, the word, right?) has changed everything. I'm talking anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, hand sanitizer dispensers everywhere. They're clearly taking this seriously. They tout room sanitization between stays, which is reassuring, but I’m not gonna lie – it kinda felt… sterile? Like, maybe a little too clean? My brain kept imagining armies of tiny robots scrubbing every surface. I’m not sure if its professional-grade sanitizing services had a side effect of me feeling like I was walking around in a bubble.
They also brag about providing Individually-wrapped food options and a Safe dining setup. Which brings me to breakfast…
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Breakfast Buffet or Breakfast… From Another Planet?
Okay, the Breakfast [buffet]… it's a Holiday Inn Express, so you know the drill. Asian breakfast options were… a choice? I stuck to the basics. The breakfast takeaway service actually came in handy. I grabbed a banana and a yogurt cup to go. Let's be honest, the coffee was the REAL MVP. I needed that coffee/tea in the restaurant to get my morning going. The bottle of water in the room? Lifesaver. It was a small thing, but appreciated after a long drive. There's a coffee shop, but I didn't venture in.
Services and Conveniences: The Usual Suspects, Plus a Few Surprises
The usual suspects are there: Air conditioning in public area, Daily housekeeping (thank goodness!), Elevator, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Cash withdrawal – all standard stuff. They have a convenience store, which is handy for late-night snacks (I caved and got some chips). The business facilities, including Xerox/fax in business center are there, but who actually uses fax machines anymore?!
Things to do, ways to relax: Fitness and… More Fitness
Okay, here's where things get a little… limited. They have a Fitness center (aka a room with treadmills and weights, probably). No Pool with view. No Spa. No Sauna. This isn’t a resort, folks. This is a place to sleep, recharge, and maybe get a quick workout in.
Available in all rooms: The Essentials (and a Few Extras)
Free Wi-Fi. THANK GOD. Okay, I'm a digital nomad, and I need my internet, so I was relieved by the Wi-Fi [free] and the Internet access – wireless. They really delivered on the Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!. There was a desk with a laptop workspace, meaning I could actually get some work done. The Air conditioning worked, the refrigerator kept my drinks cold, and the coffee/tea maker got me through the day. I also appreciated the blackout curtains. They have the Internet access – LAN as well, if that is your thing. They have a refrigerator which helps me when I bring my own drinks and snacks. I liked the smoke detector and smoke alarms.
Rooms: A Tale of Two Experiences (Again)
My first room? Fine. Clean. Functional. The second? Well, it was a non-smoking room, which I loved. But for some reason, it felt a little… too clean. Like, I was waiting for the ghosts of past guests to start yelling at me for breathing in their air. But, the safety/security feature were useful, and they delivered on the soundproofing.
Getting Around: Convenient if You Don't Mind Driving
Car park [free of charge] is a huge win. Easy parking, no hassle. They also have a Car park [on-site]. They offer Airport transfer, Taxi service, and even Valet parking (fancy!).
For the Kids: Limited Options
They list Family/child friendly and Kids facilities, but I didn't see anything that screamed "Kid Paradise". They do have Babysitting service, so that's a plus for families.
The Unexpected Highlights: A Few Quirks and a Whole Lot of Heart
Here’s the thing. The Holiday Inn Express in Danville isn’t perfect. It’s not the Ritz. But it's… dependable. And sometimes, that’s exactly what you need.
My Crazy Experience:
Here's the thing; I found myself in Danville to visit a friend in the state prison. I am not joking. I was so nervous that I didn't notice when I used the bathroom that the shower had no soap. The front desk lady, she was amazing. She got me some bar soap from the staff-only supply cabinet. So I had to ask. She had to go through the hotel's soap supply to help me. That was a great experience.
The Big Picture:
My Emotional Reactions:
- Initial reaction: "Hm, not bad. A solid 7/10."
- After the second room: "Maybe I got a little too comfortable."
- The Breakfast: "I've seen worse. Coffee, good. Everything else… meh."
- Overall: "Hey, it's a Holiday Inn Express. It's clean, it's safe, and it gets the job done. What more do you actually expect?"
Final Verdict: Should You Stay?
Look, if you’re looking for a luxurious spa experience, this isn't it. But if you need a clean, comfortable, and reliable place to stay in Danville, the Holiday Inn Express delivers. It's a solid choice. I'd stay there again.
SEO-Friendly Summary:
Danville's Best Hotel? The Holiday Inn Express in Danville, Kentucky offers free Wi-Fi, clean rooms, and convenient amenities. It's a wheelchair accessible hotel with a focus on enhanced cleanliness and safety. Offers a free car park and close to the main attractions. The facility has options for breakfast, fitness center, and business travelers. However, it is not a resort. For a practical, no-frills stay, this Holiday Inn Express review finds it to be a solid pick. If you are in Danville, Kentucky, stay here.
Compelling Offer – YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS!
Ready to experience Danville without breaking the bank? Book your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Danville, Kentucky, today! Get ready for clean rooms, a convenient location, and a worry-free stay.
Escape to Princeton: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Express Deals!
Alright, buckle up buttercup, because this "itinerary" is less perfectly planned trip and more… well, a chaotic (but hopefully charming) attempt at surviving a few days in Danville, Illinois, specifically the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Here we go, warts and all:
Danville, Illinois: A Symphony of Unexpected Awesomeness (Or, At Least, the Attempt Thereof)
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Ceiling Fan Debacle!
2:00 PM: Arrival at Holiday Inn Express & Suites (HIE&S) - Check-in Anxiety: Okay, first impressions? The lobby smells… pleasantly of chlorine? Like a slightly-too-clean swimming pool, which is probably a good sign. My anxieties are already setting in, I left my phone charger at home, so this is gonna be a fun experience. Pray for me. And hopefully, my room doesn't smell like sadness. (I'm easily emotionally invested, okay?)
2:30 PM: The Room Reveal - Ceiling Fan Drama! Okay, the room is… fine. Standard HIE&S fare. Cleanish carpet, vaguely generic art, the comfy but ultimately forgettable bed. BUT… the ceiling fan. Oh, the ceiling fan. It’s clearly seen things. It’s got a slight wobble. I spend a solid fifteen minutes staring at it, convinced it’s going to detach and become a lethal weapon. Okay, breathe. It’s fine. I’m fine. The fan is… probably fine. I end up using it though, because the AC is kinda cranking, you know. I'm already loving the temperature!
3:00 PM: Recon Mission to the Local Gas Station - Charger Hunt! Oh god, I actually need a charger. I’m going to have to talk to people. This is my kryptonite. I brave the Danville traffic (it's… minimal, actually. Surprisingly chill. I could get used to this…) and head to the nearest gas station. The cashier, a woman with a nametag that says "Betty," probably a nice lady, knows the charger game, which is the most important thing. Got a charger. Crisis averted. Minor victory.
3:30 PM: Nap Time (Highly Recommended): Look, travel is exhausting. Especially when you're mentally preparing for potential ceiling fan emergencies. An hour of glorious nothingness is mandatory. Do it. You'll thank me later.
4:30 PM: The Mysterious Danville Mall Experience: Armed with my fully charged phone, I decide to be adventurous and explore The Danville Mall, now, my expectations are low, like, really low. But hey, maybe there's a hidden gem, a vintage bookstore, a food court with unexpectedly delicious food. Nope, nothing. Just a ghost town of empty storefronts and the faint echo of… what was it? A scent of nostalgia? Anyway, this is not the destination people.
6:00 PM: Dinner at a Local Eatery (TBD): Ugh, the food hunt. Trying to decide where to eat. Yelp is… unhelpful. I’m thinking of going for some pizza or something. I don’t wanna eat at this hotel, I’d rather try local places.
7:30 PM: Back to the Hotel, Channel Surfing, and Ceiling Fan Check: Okay, back in the room, and naturally, the ceiling fan immediately captures my attention. Is it wobbling more? Am I imagining it?! I spend the rest of the night channel surfing, alternating between the news (which is depressing), and some comedy shows.
9:30 PM: Bedtime, Prayers for Ceiling Fan Stability: Lights out. Let’s hope the fan and I both make it through the night.
Day 2: The Great Outdoors… and The Unexpected Ice Machine Romance
8:00 AM: Breakfast at the HIE&S - The Buffet Battle: Breakfast time! This is where things get… interesting. The typical HIE&S spread - waffles, scrambled eggs (questionable), fruit salad (mostly melon), and those tiny, individually wrapped cereal boxes. I load up on coffee and the slightly stale mini-muffins. I swear that little waffle maker never gives me a complete circle.
9:00 AM: Outdoor Adventure (Attempted): I'm a city boy, through and through. But I promised myself I’d DO SOMETHING outdoorsy. So I find a local park. Fresh air and trees and… okay, it's more peaceful than I expected. I'm mildly charmed, I can relax more now.
11:00 AM: Back to the Hotel, and the Ice Machine Monologue: This is an important time. Back in the room, and the temperature is going up. I went to the ice machine and poured the ice inside the room, into the trash bin… I feel like I can do anything I want now. This is the best trip I've ever had!
12:00 PM: Lunch and Some Free Time: Let's order some food for lunch, I'll probably eat it in the room.
2:00 PM: The History Lesson (Maybe): Researching local history, and all this time. It’s informative, sure. But I am more interested in the ice machine.
4:00 PM: Free Time Maybe I'll get some beer later. I need it!
6:00 PM: Dinner and Drinks: I don’t want to cook tonight so I’ll just get some takeaway.
8:00 PM: Pool Time (If Courage Permits): I considered going to the pool, but I'd rather not. So I'll find another thing maybe.
10:00 PM: Bedtime, Feeling… Okay? I'm not sure. This trip is a journey.
Day 3: Departure and the Last Ceiling Fan Glance
8:00 AM: Breakfast Buffet Round 2 (Accepting My Fate): Back to the waffle maker. Attempting to find the lesser of two evils.
9:00 AM: Last-Minute Danville Reconnaissance: One last attempt to find something awesome in Danville… maybe a donut shop? A quirky antique store? Nope. I had fun though!
10:00 AM: Packing Up and Ceiling Fan Farewell: I’ll give the ceiling fan a final, lingering glance. Did it serve me well? Did it judge me? Who knows. I'm going to miss it.
11:00 AM: Check Out and Head Home: Goodbye, Holiday Inn Express & Suites. You were… an experience. You weren't perfect, but neither am I.
12:00 PM: Thoughts and Reflections: Okay, Danville. You were… different. Unexpectedly mellow, and maybe, just maybe, I found a weird sort of charm in your slightly faded glory. Would I come back? Hmm… Probably not. But I'll always remember the ceiling fan. And maybe, just maybe, that's enough.

Danville's "BEST" Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review (Buckle Up, Buttercup!)
Okay, Serious Question: Is this Holiday Inn Express REALLY the "Best"? My Expectations are LOW.
The Breakfast! Don't Lie to Me, Was it the Usual Tragedy?
The Rooms! Were They Clean or Did You Find Someone Else's Leftovers?
The Pool! Did It Even *Have* One? And was it... Swimmable?
The Staff! Were They Utterly Miserable, or Actually Helpful? (Please, be honest!)
Okay, So What DIDN'T you like? Gotta be *something*...
The Verdict: Should I Stay Here? (Give it to Me Straight!)

